Highly praised for being an extremely nice machine, and even dubbed a way of life by many buyers, Vitamix 5200 is the overall best blender for the money on this list. Although it struggles to crush ice and grind coffee beans, it creates an amazing texture for all smoothies and a variety of fresh soup. With Vitamix 5200, soft ingredients are easy to handle. So you can make almond butter recipes, berry smoothies, hummus, pesto, and even coleslaw in minutes.
Besides getting your smoothies and soup to the appropriate temperature, Vitamix 5200 makes the edible content delicious, smooth, and lump-free. The model is also self-cleaning. Just drip in some dish soap, pour in some warm water and then let the machine clean itself in under a minute.
As good as model 5200 from Vitamix is, it is not dishwasher safe. Moreover, it is quite difficult to use, particularly for the first time users. However, there is a user manual included in the package plus a DVD for reference.
Therefore, you are a lover of smoothies and shakes. Or, maybe you are addicted to frozen cocktails, and you can’t go a week without them. Perhaps, you are a weekly milkshake drinker who just can’t get enough. If any of these is true, you really need the best blender, so you don’t miss the good treat.
Unfortunately, many of us always end up buying the wrong blenders that either work for only a few days or don’t get the job done correctly for the long haul. A unit that struggles to crush ice or makes your special drink into a frothy mess isn’t worth the bucks.
However, we are busy people, right? We are always in a hurry, even when it comes to shopping. Before we even realize it, we end up buying the wrong products. A week or so later, we realize that we threw money down the drain.
You see, it doesn’t have to be this way.
The first step to buying a good blender is to understand that none of these gadgets is made equal. Every brand has its pros and cons, crowd-favorite tricks and unique features, strengths, and weaknesses. Even the technology and materials used to build each machine differ. There is simply no one-size-fits-all.
The second step is to think through a few important questions before you cough tens or hundreds of dollar on a blending machine.
- What will I use the blending machine for after buying?
- How long can the machine last?
- What is the price range of the product?
- What’s the perfect size for me?
- How much space would the blender take?
- How many people can the blender serve on a daily basis?
While reading these questions, you might pause for a moment and argue that any blender can get the job done, as long as it is within your budget: they all have blades, motors, funneled container bases, and multiple speed settings. Even then, that doesn’t make them equally as powerful as many people think them to be.
I would like to think that blenders fall into two categories: average machines and advanced units.
An average blending device can mix some foods, like milkshakes and frozen smoothies with leafy greens. However, they can be messy, too, because they can’t fully crush and blend foods like cukes and spinach. With an average blender, you also have to do some tasks manually. You have to blend, stop the machine, push your ingredients, and then blend again… then you do it again. Isn’t frustrating, annoying, and time-consuming.
An advanced blending machine is different. It is flexible, efficient, and guarantees the convenience many average machines don’t. Because they do what you expect them to, in the shortest time possible, advanced blenders with big blades and super powerful motors are the options you should be looking into.
What is the Best Blender for Smoothies in 2021?
- 1 1. Vitamix 5200 Blender
- 2 2. Oster Versa Pro Performance Blender
- 3 3. Ninja Professional Countertop Blender
- 4 4. Magic Bullet NutriBullet Rx N17-1001 Blender
- 5 5. NutriBullet NBR 1201 High-Speed Blender
- 6 6. Breville BSB510XL Control Grip Immersion Blender
- 7 7. Vitamix 59326 Professional Series 750 Blender
- 8 8. Blendtec Total Classic Original Blender
- 9 9. Nutri Ninja Personal Blender with 1000-Watt Auto-IQ Base
- 10 10. PopBabies Personal Blender
- 11 11. Braun MQ9037X MultiQuick 9 Hand Blender
1. Vitamix 5200 Blender
Vitamix 5200 may not be a good option for crushing ice, but it stands out for being the one unit that can crush and mix many different food items that you throw into it. With nicknames like dream gadget and a great performer, model 5200 no doubt has everything you would want in a blending machine.
However, it’s not just the function built-ins that make this blender stand out. It was built with your health in mind thus the BPA-free material. The chemical-free plastic creates a special vortex that easily moves the ingredients during processing to create a unique, thorough blend.
The control panel has 11 speeds. Ten are on the variable dial, and one is on the switch. With these speed options, you can control how fast as well as how fine you want your food to blend. A higher speed setting is good for heavy-duty tasks, like making nut milk, crushing ice, and liquidizing smoothies.
- Vitamix 5200 is so powerful that it can break anything you throw to it
- It has ten variable speed controls
- The 5200 model can make soup, frozen desserts, and even smoothies
- It can do pulsing jobs well even though it doesn’t have a pulse mode
- You get a 7-year warranty effective from the day of purchase
- Vitamix 5200 features very simple controls
- It is easy to clean; you can even clean the blades without removing them
- Vitamix doesn’t include an attachment for squeezing juice
- This model does not come with any preset programs
- It makes some noise during use
- The stainless steel blades are difficult to remove by hand, so you will need to buy a special wrench
2. Oster Versa Pro Performance Blender
It might seem quite unusual for a professional performance blender to go for under $200. Even then, Oster brings to the market a product that packs a punch well enough to be used at homes and in business places, and for cheap.
With a well-sized cup and a powerful motor, Oster Versa Pro Blender can take quite a beating, no matter what you throw to it. Its strength comes from the 1100 watts of power and accessories which makes it on of the best blenders for acai bowls.
So what can Oster Versa Pro blending machine make?Oster can blend many foodstuffs given its powerful motor and the 4-blade system. Versatility ranges from coffee, hot soup, and crushed ice to almond milk, smoothies, and protein shakes; this blender can make anything that you can imagine.
- Oster Versa Pro can blend anything, from hard nuts to fibrous vegetables
- This blender is built for both left and right-handed person, and it is very easy to use
- Oster Versa Pro comes with a spill-proof lid
- You get some extra cool features, including multiple speed options and preset programs
- Oster Versa Pro is a tall, bulky blending machine. Even the cup and lid are large. So, it is not a good option for a kitchen with a small counter
- Although the machine is powerful due to its 1400-watt motor, which spins the blade at high speed, it’s very noisy. It is not a good option for people who are looking for quiet blenders.
- The plastic parts are completely weak, so their durability isn’t guaranteed
3. Ninja Professional Countertop Blender
Ninja is a famous brand known for building some of the most powerful kitchen accessories. Their design approach is well thought, and there is the Ninja Professional Countertop Blender to show for it. This blender is an option for people that are searching for a blending unit that’s fine in design and has digital control built-ins.
Not only is the blender easy to use and clean, but it is also powerful enough to crush ice, blend solid vegetables, and mix even frozen fruits. Its power to crush and blend anything comes from the 1100 watts of power motor.
If you are wondering how long it takes to blend anything with this blender, then it’s good to know that you can blend and mix fruits and leafy vegetables in under 30 seconds. It is comes out as the best blender for frozen drinks.
- The motor and blades are so powerful that they maintain the consistency of smoothies while blending
- This blending machine is easy to clean because all parts are dishwasher safe
- Although it is cheap, it has many unique features just like some high-end models
- Good for a single serve cup, and it is also big enough to serve an entire family
- It’s 17-inch tall, so it might not fit in some countertops
- This blender has very sharp blades. They can hurt your hands during assembly, so make sure you are careful not to cut your finger(s)
- This blender can process tough ingredients just fine. However, it takes longer compared to other blenders in the same price range.
4. Magic Bullet NutriBullet Rx N17-1001 Blender
I always treasure brand loyalty especially when a product serves me well. I like to blend, soup, chop, and mix. If I can do it with a single blender, that’s good enough for me. If you are like me, you should try the Magic Bullet NutriBullet Rx blender.
Designed with your health in mind, with flexibility and versatility added to the mix, NutriBullet Rx is good enough for your blending needs. As the best commercial blender, its large blades are powerful enough to break down foods to your expectations.
The pre-programmed settings are a fantastic and innovative idea. With these settings, convenience and flexibility is a guarantee. You do not need to worry about a timer, forget about the plunger, and do not bother about an ON or OFF switch. This gadget does the blending automatically for you.
- You will love Magic Bullet NutriBullet Rx blender because it is designed with your health and safety in mind. Because the patented nutrient extraction blades break down foods thoroughly, you can rest assured that your body will absorb as many nutrients as possible.
- The automated blending feature is a unique one. With the pre-programmed settings, this machine can crush and properly mix whatever you throw to it with ease. You don’t have to worry about how long the machine will blend or at what speed.
- If you want to make some hot, creamy soup, simply switch to the soup-making mode, and you are good to go.
- The Magic Bullet NutriBullet Rx blender is a noisy device. So if you are in the market for a very quiet machine, you should consider other options on this list.
- This blending machine cannot grind or mill
- The blades are hard to assemble and fit in securely
5. NutriBullet NBR 1201 High-Speed Blender
NutriBullet NBR 1201 may not have a lot of watt power like Ninja Professional blender. However, it is still powerful enough to blend nutritious smoothies at 600 watts.
It features both tall cups and two short cups. Therefore, you can decide if you want to blend for a single serving or multiple servings for your small family.Many blenders feature the usual extractor blade. However, the NBR 1201 is different because it uses a milling blade, which is powerful enough to crush and grind herbs, grains, and nuts.
- This blender comes with many healthy recipes
- Durable design and available in three different colors
- NutriBullet NBR 1201 is not only lightweight and portable, but also it takes up very little countertop space
- NutriBullet NBR 1201 comes with cups of different sizes, which you can use for serving or storage
- Crushes hard nuts, easily blend tough vegetables, bust seeds open or crack stem with NutriBullet NBR 1201. In other words, this blending unit can break down the toughest of anything that you throw to it.
- Sometimes the greens get stuck in the cups, and you have to remove them manually from the base by shaking off
- While this blending machine can blend frozen foods for iced smoothies quite well, its blades are not powerful enough to crush ice
- The unit leak if you accidentally cross the liquid line
- It is not as durable as you’d expect a high-quality blender to be
6. Breville BSB510XL Control Grip Immersion Blender
Appearing on the list of the top blender brands on the market, Breville also makes some of the best units that money can buy. Their Control Grip BSB510XL Blender is a good choice for two reasons.
First, you will love it because it is a multi-purpose immersion blender. Second, it features a 280-watt of power motor. Third, it is quiet during operation, and it performs quite smoothly making the best immersion blender.
The blender is convenient and easy to use. Moreover, while the grip is comfortable and easy to navigate, it may not be suitable for people that have small hands. Since people with small hands find the grip too large, it can be inconveniencing during blending.
- Breville BSB510XL Control Grip Immersion Blender is good for soup, smoothies, and sauces.
- It is compact, so it takes up a very small kitchen space
- The stainless-steel blending shaft and metal blade are durable
- With Breville BSB510XL, you get 15 variable speed settings for an all-around speed control
- The non-scratch base of the Breville BSB510XL blender protects both the pans and the pots
- Besides the 8-inch immersion depth and an ergonomic control grip, this machine can easily reduce suction to give you more control and efficiency during blending making it one of the best hand blenders.
- I told you how powerful Breville BSB510XL Control Grip Immersion Blender is. However, this unit can easily mess your kitchen if you are not careful enough. The 280-watt motor is so powerful, so you want to be cautious when using the unit, so you do not have much cleaning to do after blending.
7. Vitamix 59326 Professional Series 750 Blender
If you are looking for a blending machine whose motor is extremely powerful for a home blender, try the Vitamix Professional 750 Series.
It is important to know that this blender can handle anything you throw to it. So whether you want to make some soft milkshake, you want to crush some ice for your next cup of smoothies, or you want to crush nuts and hard vegetables, Vitamix 750 series should easily get the job done.Because it has a wider jar and a powerful motor, using it means spending less time preparing different ingredients for blending. As the best blender for protein shakes, simply throw in large pieces of what you want to blend, and then let the machine do the job for you.
- Unlike other Vitamix blenders, Professional 750 is quieter and therefore suitable for people who can’t stand noisy blending machines
- With a powerful motor that easily speeds up the blades to 270mph, Vitamix Professional 750 blender gives you the flexibility you need to blend different foods on the go.
- This unit should be easy to use because the controls are easy to handle.
- Vitamix Professional 750 is also a good option for people who don’t mind some presets
- The jar has a wider base, so it cannot blend small batches well; you will need to spend some extra cash on containers that can handle small batches.
- The blade and jar are not dishwasher safe. However, Vitamix 59326 Series 750 has preset cleaning functions that make cleaning the unit a breeze.
- Unfortunately, the presets built-in in this blender will not account for the number of ingredients that you want to mix.
8. Blendtec Total Classic Original Blender
With enough power to blend anything you throw to it, from hard vegetable and a variety of fruits to ice and raw nuts, the Blendtec Total Classic Original Blender is worth trying.In just a few minutes, you can make sweet, creamy nut butter at a speed of your choice. Although this machine is powerful enough to blend even the toughest grains, you should limit the number of grains to blend to one cup at a time.
- Blendtec Total Classic Original Blender has six pre-programmed cycles for ice cream, hot soup, whole juice, batters, smoothies, and ice crush.
- Apart from the three peaks, 1,560-watt horsepower motor, this blending machine has ten built-in speed settings, a vented gripper lid, digital touchpad controls, and a pulse function.
- Blendtec Total Classic Original Blender can blend, grind, mix, and puree virtually anything you want.
- It easy to clean
- It has an 8-year warranty
- Blendtec Total Classic Original Blender is durable and stable, so it should last for a very long time.
- Blendtec Total Classic Original Blender is a very noisy machine. Therefore, it is not a good option for people who find noisy machines irritating.
- It doesn’t have a tamper
- Blendtec Total Classic Original Blender is more expensive than many blenders with the same specifications
9. Nutri Ninja Personal Blender with 1000-Watt Auto-IQ Base
Nutri Ninja Professional Blender was initially mistaken as a nutrients extractor. Many marketing gimmicks made the majority of us to believe that it does exactly as advertised. Understand one thing, though: Nutri Ninja is not a nutrients extractor.
The Nutri Ninja Pro Blender is one of the powerful single serve blenders that perfectly fit people with hectic, busy lives. Besides the powerful motor with 1000 watts of power, this machine has a control panel that gives you the flexibility that many blending machines on the market will not.
- Nutri Ninja Professional Blender can make high quality, sweet, very nutritious smoothies in minutes.
- Because the unit is compact, it will not take up much of your kitchen’s space. A 36 square inches (or less) of your counter space should be enough for this blender.
- Nutri Ninja Professional Blender is very easy to clean
- Nutri Ninja Blenders can crush ice, easily mix frozen dessert, and juice your favorite fruits.
- It is a small personal blender yet somehow overpriced
- Nutri Ninja Professional Blender has a one-year warranty, which is a very short time
- Many parts of this device are made of plastic, so durability is an issue with this one.
- The lifespan of this blender is, honestly, short. It can work well for around one and half years, and then you begin to itch for a replacement or an upgrade after that.
- Nutri Ninja Professional Blender is a very noisy unit.
- This unit does not have any heating elements, and you cannot use it with hot ingredients
10. PopBabies Personal Blender
Are you looking for a portable blender that you can use just as you like? If so, you should consider PopBabies Personal Blender.You will love this product because it is BPA free. Therefore, you can use the blender without worrying about anything to do with chemical plastics used in cheap, low quality blending machines.
- Both the bottle and the box of the PopBabies Personal Blender are well made, and they look sleek.
- Once you buy this blender, you can forget about buying ice at sonic and make some chewy ice from the comfort of your home.
- The ice tray of PopBabies Personal Blender is made of very flexible materials
- It shakes up powder sticks, and protein shakes thoroughly
- Although the pour spout is made of the same material as the ice tray, it’s flimsier and thinner
- Also, the pour spout doesn’t handle protein shakes and powder sticks well
- Some people complain that sometimes the lid of the PopBabies blender cross threads
11. Braun MQ9037X MultiQuick 9 Hand Blender
Braun MultiQuick 9 is one of the most impressive stick blenders on the market. It features a mobile blender leg that easily moves up and down to create an appropriate cutting surface for the blades when in use.With the 1000 watts of power monitor, you get finer results faster. Further, the blender is designed to minimize splashes, and it comes with attachments for chopping, kneading, whipping, slicing, and mashing.
- Braun MultiQuick 9 is a good option for people that love blenders that feature multiple attachments
- Has Active blade and active splash technologies for smooth results and clean operation
- Although pricey, Braun MultiQuick 9 works exactly as advertised. Moreover, the best part is that it is fast and efficient.
- Extra blade for extra power and single-hand operation
The Best Blender’s Buying Guide for 2021
Here are some questions that are worth asking before you spend your hard-earned money on a blending machine.
1. What Type of Blender Should I Choose?
If there is one thing that’s for sure, blending machines aren’t built equally. There are five types on the market today.
Commonly known as stick blenders, and sometimes referred to hand blenders, the immersion models have their blades fixed at the bottom. Because they are not as powerful as countertop blenders, immersion blenders are good only for mixing soft ingredients and nothing past that. What’s good about them is that they are easier to use, easily portable, and even available in cordless variety.
Personal blenders, also well known as single-serve blenders, are quite common because they are cheap, easy to clean, and convenient to use on the go. It is good for people who want to drink from the same blending jar instead of using a separate cup. With a personal blender, additional cleanup is unnecessary unless you decide. Majority of them are also portable.
Unlike personal blending machines, smoothie blenders feature advanced built-ins for crushing and mixing a variety of food types. For example, some blenders for smoothies have multiple speed settings so that you can use them for precise crushing and mixing. With their ice-crushing support, they can blend almost anything you want them to.
Power Food Blenders
If you are in the market for a more advanced food blender that can crush and mix anything and everything you throw at it, consider a power food blender. They feature multiple attachments and additional bells and whistles that create the perfect smoothies and milkshakes. Moreover, if you want to chop and grind foods, or you want to dice and puree, a power food blender could be the best option.
Professional and Commercial BlendersI do not think you will need a professional blender for home use. Most power food and smoothie blenders are just about as good enough as they are advertised. However, if you were in the market for a commercial-grade unit that can do the toughest blending job, especially if you run a commercial blending business, then a professional blender would be a good option for you.
2. What Material Are Blender Jars made of?
Blender jars made of glass have some fashion feel. They look trendy. Also, they are present in many homes.
Glass jars have some advantages:
- They do not pick up the smell from the foods you mix and crush
- Glass jars maintain their original colors after blending, regardless of how long you use the jar for the blending job
However, glass jars also have their shortcomings. First, they are quite expensive. You are going to cough some extra hundreds of dollars for these. Second, they are heavier, hence not a good option for people who prefer lightweight blending machines.
As we know it, glass is fragile and can break into pieces easily. Therefore, if you are worried that the blender might drop, or you feel glass material is not your thing, skip the blending machines with glass jars.
While blenders with metal jars are becoming popular in many business settings and many kitchens, they are not that easy on the wallet.
Yes, they easily resist all forms of odor. Like glass jar, they do not stain they are so expensive that many homeowners cannot afford them. Alternatively, to put it in a more friendly term, their high-end price is a deal breaker.
There is more.
Blenders with metal jars can dent if dropped. If this happens, the whole unit not only ends up not looking good, but also it may fail to blend food well.
Another problem with metal jars is that they are not clear. You have to check the blender everything thirty seconds to see whether your food has mixed correctly. Eventually, you will get used to using this kind of unit, except it is going to take some time.
Blenders with plastic jars are a dime a dozen because they are cheap, thus easily affordable. Their quality differs from brand to brand. Moreover, they have their pros and cons. Low-quality blenders have low quality plastic jars. Such blenders not only chip and scratch but also smell and smell after some time.
The biggest problem with plastics used in cheap, low-quality blenders is the BPA toxic chemical, which is not any good to human health. So instead of settling for just any plastic blender under budget, be careful to choose one that does not contain this chemical. Another option would be to choose a glass jar blender if you cannot afford the metal one.
If you want to settle for a plastic blender on a budget, you should opt for high-quality ones. With a high-quality device in this category of kitchen accessories, you can blend foodstuff for longer, without worrying about food stains or smell.
However, why exactly do people choose plastics jar blenders? What, except for the low price, makes these devices better?
First, plastic blending machines are lightweight. Unlike metal and glass jars, they are easy to carry. You can move around with them and not feel the weight. Second, high-quality plastic does not shatter or chip if dropped.
3. What Size is Right for Me?
There is no one-size-fits-all blender for all. More often than not, it comes down to personal preference. Even with that said, let us look at the different sizes that are currently in the market.
Mini blenders can only make a single drink at a time. Ideally, they hold less than 20 ounces, which means that you cannot use them to make batch drinks. They are cheaper and usually suitable for individuals who want to make smoothies on the go.
Mini blenders have a capacity ranging from 36 to 50 ounces. They are a good option for a small family. However, you should find the one useful enough even if you are just a one-person family or a woman living on her own.
Whether you want to buy a blending machine for a large family or you are looking for something that can make a batch of drink for a party, you should consider a large blending machine. They have a capacity ranging between 51 to 65 ounces, and they can blend larger batches of foods quite well.
4. What Features Should You Consider Before Buying a Blender?
Variable Speed ControlMost mini and small blenders do not feature variable speed control because they are cheap and feature very few built-ins, in which case speed control is not an exception. While big blending units are a little pricey, they have so many bells and whistles, including variable speed control that lets you control how fast you want the machine to do the blending job.
Ice CrushingIf you are in the market for a blender that can crush and mix anything, make sure it has the strength to crush ice. Such blenders not only mix soup and a variety of soup but also crush ice thoroughly and properly blend them with your smoothies. Unlike small, cheap units, blenders that can crash ice do so well because of the powerful motors built in them.
JuicingJuicing is not a feature many people think about when searching for the best blender for the money. Still, it is an important thing to look at if you want a blending machine that can mix your foods and extract juice. This takes away the need for a single-purpose kitchen item.
Energy Star RatingKitchen appliances are good. They make cooking a breeze. Moreover, they save us much time. However, they use much energy and an increase in your cost to some extent. If you want to use a blender without worrying about increased energy costs, choose an option that is Energy Star certified.
Multiple AttachmentsMultiple attachments are quite common on immersion blenders. They are important because they turn a blender into a multi-purpose kitchen accessory. Generally, stick blenders feature removable blades that you can replace with a different type of attachment. Examples of blades you can use on this kind of blender are those that help with mincing, chopping and crushing whatever you put to it.
Dishwasher Safe PartsIt is important to understand that some units are not dishwasher safe. Also, cleaning them can be a pain in the ass. I recommend that you go for blenders with dishwasher-safe parts. That is because they are usually easy to clean and store away when they are not in use.
Support for Multiple FunctionsA blender that supports multiple functions is always a better option than the one that does not. At the end of the day, if the machine can dice, mix, grind, and puree, then it is worth spending money on because they make it easy for you to customize your blending experience.
RecipeSome blenders come with a recipe. Some do not. If you have used a blending machine before, the recipe thingy may not be something to worry about. However, if you plan to buy the device for the first time, it would be best if you bought one that comes with some recipe.
CordlessBecause most blenders are corded, they are quite hard to move from one part of the kitchen to the other. Fortunately, some brands have cordless blenders, which mean they are battery operated. As long as the battery does not run out, you should be good enough to go with a cordless blender.